A Professional Software Engineer, Computer Science and Mathematics Educator, ICT Author, and Researcher
Aim and Objective:
Dr. Mokter Hossain is an outstanding researcher, a prospective software developer, and Computer Science teacher and educator. Dr. Hossain is seeking for a full-time employment as a Computer Science/Software Engineering faculty position. His high level of skills, diverse background and expertise, impressive record of achievements, his record of peer-reviewed publications, as well as his unique knowledge relevant to his current and projected future work indicate that Dr. Hossain will serve your institution/ department to a substantially greater degree than another with minimum qualification.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Achieved Permanent Residency in the United States, as an outstanding researcher in Computer Science and Mathematics Education.
- Experienced in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Lifecycle (STLC).
- Excellent in developing and testing core software and third party web and client/server applications.
- Skilled in analyzing business requirements, preparing test plan, and developing user acceptance test (UAT) cases, for testing Quality Assurance System (QAS) Legacy and Defect Repository applications.
- Good in executing test cases in Quality Center with the Line of Business representatives, tracking defects in Clear Quest, assisting in troubleshooting, and supporting post production validation.
- Experienced in writing, execute and modify QTP scripts with traceability functionality, testing business products across applications with an end-to-end process flow.
- Hands-on experienced in Agile methodologies such as SCRUM, Extreme Programming, Waterfall Model and Test Driven Development with Confluence and JIRA tools for tracking stories in a Project.
- Experienced in analysis, design and development of client-server, distributed and web applications using Core Java and J2EE Technologies such as, JDBC, Hibernate, Spring MVC, Spring Data JPA, etc.
- Hands-on experienced in SOAP, RESTful and Amazon AWS Web Services /Application Servers like Apache Tomcat, JBoss, and Oracle Application Server.
- Expert in analyzing quantitative data with parametric and non-parametric statistical tests using SPSS for Windows and qualitative data using MAXQDA.
- Excellent theoretical and practical background in object-oriented analysis, design and programming; and software specification including UML diagramming, and data modeling.
- Knowledgeable in working with Automation Testing with Selenium; and Continuous Integration build-automation tools such as Jenkins, Maven and Google Apache.
- Self-motivated, team player, quick learner and able to handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Able to work independently as well as within a team environment. Able to train co-workers and company’s newly hired and existing employees being familiar and expert with new tools and technologies.
- Excellent in developing a strong understanding of the project and testing objectives; and to be responsible for completing system testing to ensure company’s products and services meet organizational standards and end-user requirements.
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills, in order to interact with business analysts, project managers, development team, clients, and project stakeholders.
- Software Engineer, Tasacom Software Inc., 13151 Emily Rd, Dallas, TX 75240, USA. (May 2016 – Current).
- Leading a team of 6-7 members where we are developing an Insurance Adjustment software for make the Insurance Adjustment process computerized.
- Started with the requirement analysis phase of the SDLC, followed by system design phase, and then started coding, debugging, and testing.
- Using Core Java and advanced J2EE Technologies such as JDBC, Hibernate, Servlets, Spring MVC, Spring Data JPA, Amazon AWS and RESTful web service, etc.
- Preparing test plans, writing test cases, meeting with product owners, project managers, business analysts, clients, and developers.
- Training the company’s newly hired and existing employees being familiar and expert with new tools and technologies.
- Software Engineer, Infinity Insurance, Birmingham, Alabama, USA. (October 2015 – April-2016).
- Worked on various tasks for maintaining and upgrading company’s existing Batch System for Classical, Commercial, and Personal Auto Quote processing
- Worked for the renewals, rewrites, cancellations, printing new business, renewal, endorsements, ID cards.
- Worked using Core Java with J2EE components, Visual C++, Visual Basic, and C# on ASP.NET, etc.
- Also worked on various tasks for searching and gathering records from Oracle database using PL/SQL
- Write and used PL/SQL procedures, functions, cursors, triggers, exceptions, packages, etc.
- Wrote and execute numerous UNIX Shell Scripting commands.
- Conducted meeting with project managers, business analysts, clients, and QA testers.
- Software Engineer, McLeod Software Corp. Birmingham, Alabama, USA. (April 2015 – August 2015).
- Worked as a front-end Java Developer for debugging, coding, and customizing and upgrading the McLeod’s existing system
- Coded with Core Java and J2EE with Spring MVC for back-end development
- Deployed software on Tomcat, and Raptor
- Used JDBC and Hibernate, and Oracle 10g for database development.
- Used PL/SQL for writing queries that required searching, gathering, and manipulating records from the company’s database.
- System Analyst/Author, Systech Digital Ltd; Dhaka, Bangladesh. (June 2001-Current). Full-time from June 2001 to May 2003, after that worked as part-time/contact basis). More at: http://www.systechdigital.com.
- Analyzed system requirements, designed system’s dataflow diagram, user interface and database and overall system architecture.
- Developed and maintained dozens of academic, business, and library management software and Websites.
- Used MySQL, Oracle PL/SQL database, etc.
- Authored and published about 20 books on Computer Science, Programming Languages, and Information Technology Education.
Teaching and Research Experience:
- Researcher/Programmer, Department of Computer Science at the University of Alabama, August 2012 – April 2015. Worked for the CE21 Project (CNS-1240944), funded by the U.S. National Science Foundation. Taught the CS-104: Computer Science Principles, a 3-credit hour class for undergraduate students, offered by the Department of Computer Science at the University of Alabama, USA, in fall 2013 and fall 2014; and worked some projects at the CAPS (Center of Advanced Public Safety). Programmed with C#, Java Script, Java, and Python.
- Lecturer, Department of Computer Science & Information Technology, University of Comilla, Bangladesh, November 1998 – May 2001. Taught some Mathematics and Computer Science courses such as: Structured Programming C, Object Oriented Programming with C++ and Java, Data Structures and Algorithms, etc. in undergraduate level; participated in various academic and curricular activities; and performed some research projects. Programmed with C, C++, Java, Visual Basic.
Phone: : 001-205-239-6211 (C), 001-775-583-8088 (C), 001-775-583-8090 (H)
Gmail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Skype : dr.mokter
Personal Blog : http://www.drmokter.wordpress.com/
“When you see a person who has been given more than you in money and beauty, then look to those who have been given less.” ?