A Professional Computer Science Educator, Author, Researcher, and Software Engineer
Aim and Objective:
Dr. Mokter Hossain is an outstanding researcher, a prospective software developer, and Computer Science teacher and educator. Dr. Hossain is seeking for a full-time employment as a Computer Science/Software Engineering faculty position. His high level of skills, diverse background and expertise, impressive record of achievements, his record of peer-reviewed publications, as well as his unique knowledge relevant to his current and projected future work indicate that Dr. Hossain will serve your institution/ department to a substantially greater degree than another with minimum qualification.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Achieved Permanent Residency in the United States, as an outstanding researcher in Computer Science and Mathematics Education.
- Over 5 years of experienced in software development and 10 years in statistical data analysis, research, writing, and publication.
- Around 10 years of experienced in all phases of software development lifecycle like Analysis, Design, Development, Deployment, Testing and Maintenance of application software.
- Around 20 years of experienced in teaching/training Computer Science and Programming Languages.
- Authored about 20 books on Computer Programming with C, C++, Java, Data Structures and Algorithms, etc., written in Bangla/English.
- Experienced in analysis, design and development of client-server, distributed and web applications using JAVA/J2EE Technologies (Core Java, Exception Handling, JDBC, Servlets, JSF, JSPs, Spring Framework features, Struts, Hibernate, Design Patterns, etc.); and Web Services such as: SOAP and RESTful.
- Experienced in developing web-based applications using HTML/CSS, Java Script, Type Script, and jQuery on NodeJS and AngularJS; Python on Eclipse; and Ruby on Rails frameworks.
- Experience in assisting a number of K-12 Outreach Activities in the United States. These include but not limited to teaching at the Kids University – A Summer Camp at the University of Nevada, Reno, USA, and teaching and facilitating CS4Alabama and CSF-CE21 Projects offered by the Department of Computer Science at the University of Alabama, USA.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, problem solving and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, team player, quick learner (new technology and concept) and ability handling multiple projects concurrently.
- Software Engineer, Infinity Insurance, Birmingham, Alabama, USA. (October 2015 – April-2016). Maintained and upgraded company’s existing Batch System for Classical, Commercial, and Personal Auto Quote processing, renewals, rewrites, cancellations, printing for new business, renewal, endorsements, ID cards – using Java, C++, Visual Basic, and C# on VB.NET. Also worked on various projects for searching and gathering records from Oracle database using PL/SQL that included SQL development by writing and using procedures, functions, cursors, triggers, exceptions, and UNIX Shell Scripting etc.
- Software Engineer, McLeod Software Corp. Birmingham, Alabama, USA. (April 2015 – August 2015). Worked as a front-end Java Developer for debugging, coding, and customizing and upgrading the McLeod’s existing system using core Java components along with Java Swing, Spring MVC on Tomcat, JDBC, Hibernate, etc. Also worked on numerous tasks for searching and gathering records from Oracle database with PL/SQL that required searching, gathering, and manipulating records from the company’s database.
Teaching and Research Experience:
- Researcher/Programmer, Department of Computer Science at the University of Alabama, August 2012 – April 2015. Worked for the CE21 Project (CNS-1240944), funded by the U.S. National Science Foundation. Taught the CS-104: Computer Science Principles, a 3-credit hour class for undergraduate students, offered by the Department of Computer Science at the University of Alabama, USA, in fall 2013 and fall 2014; and worked some projects at the CAPS (Center of Advanced Public Safety). Programmed with C#, Java Script, Java, and Python.
- Lecturer, Department of Computer Science & Information Technology, University of Comilla, Bangladesh, November 1998 – May 2001. Taught some Mathematics and Computer Science courses such as: Structured Programming C, Object Oriented Programming with C++ and Java, Data Structures and Algorithms, etc. in undergraduate level; participated in various academic and curricular activities; and performed some research projects. Programmed with C, C++, Java, Visual Basic.
Phone: : 001-205-239-6211 (C), 001-775-583-8088 (C), 001-775-583-8090 (H)
Gmail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Skype : dr.mokter
Personal Blog : http://www.drmokter.wordpress.com/
“When you see a person who has been given more than you in money and beauty, then look to those who have been given less.” ? Al-Hadith